Our client is an American holding of travel industry brands. Their main field of work is selling package tours that include flight and hotel booking. They also provide additional services, such as transportation and excursions.
DataArt's team is currently reengineering legacy systems (distributed clustering platforms), supporting them, aggregating and visualizing logos, selecting tools, monitoring, and developing features.
The main technology stack of the project is Java.
This project will give you the opportunity to work with a full-fledged production system that has various monitoring tools and a good clustering system, you will also take part in migrating from the IBM cloud to AWS.
We're searching for a specialist who will work in a team that provides support and response to various incidents and system crashes. The distributed teams are located in the US, so the work is tied to the US working hours.
Required Skills and Experience
Basic algorithmic background
Understanding of ETL, Database Replication
Experience developing and supporting Data Warehouses
Basic knowledge in Shell Scripts
Unix/Linux skills (command line, configuration / administration)
Basic knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL)
Experience optimizing MySQL Server's performance
Good spoken English.
Experience working with Java or other development platforms
Experience working with foreign clients
Understanding of development with Agile methodologies
Experience of Scrum-based teamwork.
- Experienced colleagues who are ready to share knowledge
- The ability to switch projects, technology stacks, try yourself in different roles
- More than 150 workplaces for advanced training
- Study and practice of English: courses and communication with colleagues and clients from different countries
- Support of speakers who make presentations at conferences and meetings of technology communities.