Our client is a product company and a major player in the Point Of Sale (POS) domain, which has already released several POS-platforms, Back of House management systems, data management system and a set of web applications (designed to create corporative websites), widely used in the USA by quick service restaurants.
On this part of a project we are developing customer loyalty systems for small fast-food outlets or shops. The system allows to calculate statistical data and analyze them (amount of sales, how it depends on external conditions, etc.). We also have a feature that allows to create advertising campaigns, newsletters, etc. and we actually develop a template editor for these newsletters.
The end market involves well over 100,000 onsite installations. The client already has great influence on QSR industry in the USA and actively conquers European market (Spain and Great Britain in perspective).
Your primary focus will be on the handling & sizing all tasks from the business, development of all server-side/frontend logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. Therefore, a strong understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
You drive innovation in our development as a part of the team by setting up standards, advocating the latest industry trends & building the next-generation web applications.
• At least 4 years in development
• Excellent knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it.
• Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
• Knowledge of software design patterns & understanding pros & cons of each way
• Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
• Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
• Familiarity with one of